On 10/01/2008, Andrea Veri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jo-Erlend Schinstad ha scritto:
> > One question I can't find an answer to in this discussion, is why we
> > want to have gnome-btdownload.
> >

> Maybe because it fits fine into the GNOME Desktop? Maybe because it's
> easy and simple to use, it doesn't have tons of different configurations
> and does the work for a newbie, who just joined Ubuntu (e.g right click
> on a torrent and the trick is done). I would like to remember you that
> the torrent protocol is not well-known and usually a great number of
> people prefer to use other applications like Amule and so on. What do
> you think?
>

> Andrea

Like you, I think it's important to have a usable client. Transmission
is not any more complicated than gnome-btdownload, but it's usable for
more advanced users too.  Transmission works just the same way, except
you have one window for all torrents. The number of configuration
options is low, and sensible. I also got the impression that it's
faster, but that's just an impression.

I asked in #Ubuntu on freenode now, if anyone could recommend a bit
torrent client for Ubuntu. People actually recommended all the other
clients, except gnome-btdownload and Transmission. I thought that was
interesting. I then asked in #Ubuntu-OffTopic how people felt about
replacing gnone-btdownload, and the response was a unanimous yes.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad