On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 00:00 +0200, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:

> Le vendredi 03 juillet 2009 à 06:59 -0700, Tim Zakharov a écrit :
> > I think it's worth mentioning again, but slightly off-topic, that we
> > really need in F-Spot, to uncheck "Copy files to the Photos folder" as
> > a default setting in the Import dialog.  This assumes you want your
> > photos in said folder, in your home directory, and one must remember
> > *each time* one imports photos, to uncheck this box if you choose your
> > photos to be in a different destination.
> >
> > Imagine for the first time running F-spot, and importing your
> > collection of 30,000 photos you store on an external drive, and not
> > noticing this setting.  Hours later, when the file copy completes,
> > your home directory now has no free space.  Now imagine each time you
> > import more photos, you forget to uncheck this setting, then must
> > manually delete the photos it copied over.  This to me is a terrible
> > feature of F-spot, which is otherwise a very decent photo organizer.
> Good candidate for a paper cut, isn't it? F-Spot should remember your
> last choice at least, even if we can argue that the default should be to
> copy files. Maybe we could also check the media the photos are on, and
> check the box by default accordingly (e.g. you want to copy photos
> coming from a camera or flash card).
>
> Would you report a bug as such against both f-spot in Ubuntu and
> hundredpapercuts? Thanks!

It appears to already be reported in Launchpad and upstream.  Bug report
270238.  I can't see how to nominate this bug for hundredpapercuts?
However, I did see a duplicate (393406) where the bug reporter was told
"this is a bug in the program, not a papercut."  I don't want to make
waves by trying to report as a papercut when someone already decided it
wasn't.

Thanks for the feedback.