On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Didier Roche <didro...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Right, we run updatedb (with the relevant ionice value) every day from
> /etc/cron.daily/mlocate.
> Maybe zeitgeist can see if it has enough info from it?

Yeah. I guess Idle ionice value would be nice. Anyway, I am not an expert with
these cron and scheduling.

Yeah. I guess we can have a look. I agree with you about indexing by
crawling the disk or using inotify. I keep hearing bad news from such
application
esp apple spotlight and even strigi. Never faced a problem myself, but doesn't
mean others cant face it.

> I'm afraid it doesn't enable this yet, but maybe some xembeed can be a first
> step? I think rodrigo will have some inputs in this.

Okay. I will try to do some research on it. Waiting for rorigo's reply.

> Are you attending UDS? if so, are you wanting to lead a session there or are
> you enable to attend remotely?

No. I am not attending UDS. Was waitlisted last time and cannot attend
this time
and next April due to personal reasons.

I am not sure but I think either Mikkel Kamstrup (kamstrup) or Michal
Hruby (mhr3)
or both would be at UDS. They can lead the session.

I can attend remotely, but can't be very sure. The place where I live,
internet is not so
reliable. 2 or 4Mbps is considered a rich man's internet connection.

-
Manish