On Wednesday 19 October 2011 08:50 PM, Didier Roche wrote:
I think that ignoring non opened filed on the system (or rather, not
known opened file, because you maybe opened a file on your usb key at
some point?) suggested as a solution for revelancy isn't right. For
instance, you can argue that zeitgeist should then forget about files
that I didn't open in the last 3 years? Why this file should then show
and not the one I created on a windows double boot, or just before
installing ubuntu (which can be only few weeks ago)? I guess that still
having the data is interesting, but of course, it will be shown way
after more relevant (and recently opened) ones.

I think this represents the boundary of zeitgeist and file lens.

Zeitgeist can only log events which it has been notified of.
File lens has to aggregate files from zeitgeist or any other scope if
it wants to. Files logged 3 years back will also be shown, it just
depends on how you are querying for the events. The method to
fetch events allows to sort the results.

As far as files on ntfs partitions or usb partitions are concerned,
I think it has something to do with datahub as that is the daemon
which notified the zeitgeist daemon.

-
Manish