Hiya,

Thanks for the work here.

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 07:07:22PM +1100, Tim wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I have prepared a ppa to test gnome-desktop update. This implements a new
> daemon which mimics, what mutter what normally do for the display
> config and idle monitor.
>
> Currently only know issue is that the "monitors-changed" signal does not
> propagate through to gnome|unity-control-center if the resolution is
> changed directly by Xrandr.
>
> Please test and let me know if you spot any bugs.

I tested and spotted two bugs :-). Only restarted my session, not the
full machine.

  - In the greeter, my resolution wasn't preserved. I've dual screens
    with different resolutions on each monitor. They're defined in
    /etc/gnome-settings-daemon/xrandr/monitors.xml (I think we used to
    have the monitors capplet write this file; not sure how you do it
    nowadays). I forgot to get a picture, but they both reverted to a
    low resolution.
  - Pointer barriers were totally broken. I couldn't move my mouse from
    one monitor to the other.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ i...@orangesquash.org.uk ]