On Firefox - CNN Live and Google Play Movies works when I install hal
from the PPA mentioned by omgubuntu.  Chromium still doesn't work for
me, maybe they are expecting some other Chrome/ium specific thing?
Google Chrome works for Google play movies, but still not for CNN
Live.

I found two upstream bugs for hal:
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=selectBug&CFGRIDKEY=3103209
(closed as not as bug)
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=selectBug&CFGRIDKEY=3117732
(still open high priority, from 2012)

I still don't believe freshplayerplugin is anything we could ever ship.

I'll go ahead setup the UDS session.

Thanks all!
Bryan