On 18 April 2017 at 21:07, Jeremy Bicha <jbi...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> If we do include an email client, which one?

In my opinion we should ship a mail client by default.

While I agree that a lot of people use web mail now, I expect (based on
little evidence) there will still be a significant number of users for whom
an "offline" mail experience of [dialing up,] downloading mail, and then
reading and composing offline is a necessary or preferred work-flow.  So
providing that ability out of the box appeals to me.

How about considering Nylas mail?  https://www.nylas.com/nylas-mail/
The free version is open source and it has an active team behind it.
https://github.com/nylas/nylas-mail

Cheers, Will