On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 6:10 AM, Marco Trevisan
<marco.trevi...@canonical.com> wrote:
> I think geary has more or less the same UI concepts, and IMHO that would
> be a good basic mail client to ship: well integrated, well designed and
> completely open. Not fully featured maybe, but giving the the most users
> would need.

I used geary briefly yesterday and here are a few issues I saw:
1. The latest released version still uses webkit1 (the next version
will use webkit2gtk though)
2. Does not use GNOME Online Accounts
3. Does not appear to support Google Two-Factor Authentication
4. No support for GPG/PGP signing or encryption
5. No POP3 support (This might not be a bad thing though)

I think the hope has been for years that Geary would be the simple
GNOME email client. I'm not sure it's quite there yet.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha