Le 08/08/2017 à 12:44, Tim a écrit :

On 08/08/17 17:09, Khurshid Alam wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Robert Ancell <robert.anc...@canonical.com> wrote:
gnome-contacts is an address book and is part of the core GNOME apps. It has all dependencies in main except for folks (which used to be in main).

While this seems to work well in managing your e-d-s based contacts, I'm not sure if there's a particular use for it in Ubuntu. Address book functionality seems tied to your email client of choice which is probably Thunderbird (installed by default, has own tools) or an online service (e.g. GMail, and also has own tools).

Beside it can be used to view other vcard information like phone numbers, im-addresses and Thunderbird may not be suitable for this.
Thunderbird does not have native support for google contacts. GNOME contacts provides an easy way to search android phone contacts. It also allows searching contacts from other online-accounts providers (for the ones that provide that support) if you have them setup.

The issue to include GNOME Contacts without having thunberbird integration is the dichotomy in contact manager. Why do my contacts I added in GNOME contact don't appear in Thunberbird and vice-versa? I think we should look into its inclusion (which would be great, as describe, with the nice Shell integration) if someone volounteer to look into having it integrated with Thunderbird to only have one contact provider on the system.

Cheers,
Didier