On 17/09/2007 Mark Schouten wrote:
> > > Can we not come up with a way to generate the locate database from
> > > tracker instead?
>
> I prefer this too. I also think it is good to think about newbies, but
> is it really necessary to ignore more advanced users just because they
> know what they're looking for? I know I would be annoyed if locate was
> missing on my server.

I am worried about system files creating noise in tracker searches, so
that one finds non-relevant information for precise queries. If a
locate-tracker package existed, I would expect it to be easy
uninstallable without uninstalling tracker, and queries to default to
user files only, enabling system-wide queries as an option.

Vincenzo