On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:07:15PM +1200, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

> And third, some teams use statuses in odd ways. For example, a while ago
> the Ubuntu Mozilla team were using "In Progress" when they really meant
> "Won't Fix" (I don't know whether they still do this). And as we've seen
> from the recent Incomplete fallout, some developers have been using
> "Incomplete" for bug reports that aren't actually incomplete.

I find it interesting that you call other ways to look at bug
statuses 'odd', while not considering that maybe your intepretation
sounds odd to me (and probably to others as well).

BTW, when the mozilla team setup their workflow, there wasn't a state
"Won't fix" at all ... and _rejecting_ upstream bugs on ubuntu side is
just hard to explain to reporters and definitly triggers noise in the
bug from unhappy reporters. (and btw, I think the same is still valid
for |Won't fix|).

Anyway, I am open to look at bug statuses used by mozillateam again,
but not before you have landed your _final_ one and only great way to
triage bugs ;). Currently things are still moving too fast and from
what I remember there are plans to extend the bug statuses another
time ... later adding ACL barriers et al ... so for me it doesn't make
much sense to change the mozillateams interpretation of bug statuses
right now, because I just cannot tell atm if those would be void in 6
month or 2 weeks.

 - Alexander