On 2016-05-22 18:40, Mats Blakstad wrote:
> We also added new composers to libX11:
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libX11/commit/?id=3129c757f9da8586ab8b8654a56c8f687cc9ef5c
> As they keyboard uses symbols from African reference alphabet that do
> not have composers in Ubuntu now.
> Should libX11 ale be updated directly on launchpad or do we need to fix
> it at gnome first?

Not sure about "should" or "need", but I can mention that the latest
change to libx11 in Ubuntu is a compose file patch which I added...

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libx11/2:1.6.3-1ubuntu2

I noticed that libx11 doesn't seem to be updated so often in Ubuntu, and
I didn't want to wait. ;)

There may be some plan which I'm not aware about, but considering that
the commit you linked to is the latest item in the upstream git,
patching it in Ubuntu is probably a good idea.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj