On 2019-05-13 09:22, Gösta Ljungdahl wrote:
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Gunnar Hjalmarsson [mailto:gunna...@ubuntu.com]
Ämne: Re: compatibility issue in environment-modules version 4.1.1-1
When reading that I think: If variables are defined at
initialization, which are needed later on, why not simply turn them
from pure shell variables to environment variables by export'ing
them? That would be a change of the environment-modules code which
ought to be doable.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The environment variables
and shell functions that the initialization defines are exported with
the intent of making them available to the environment. Dash when
later called upon accepts the exported variables but washes the
exported shell functions out as I understand it at this point.

Ok, if the program relies on exported functions, I understand better.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29239806/how-to-export-a-function-in-bourne-shell

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj