On 2019-05-06 09:36, Gösta Ljungdahl wrote:
On 2019-05-05 22:35, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
From a quick look at the code in environment-modules I see that it
seems to test for the BASH_VERSION variable. That makes me think of
this change of LightDM:

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~lightdm-team/lightdm/trunk/revision/2168/debian/lightdm-session
which was made in response to:

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1482641

Can this possibly be a reason for the confusion you have observed?
> All I really know is that at some point in the initialization process
dash comes into play and is not equal to the task. I know this
because the initialization works as expected if I change /bin/sh to
point to /bin/bash.

Right. But it could be useful to know what happens if you

1. Change the /bin/sh symlink back to point to dash, and

2. (assuming that MINT uses LightDM) edit /usr/sbin/lightdm-session and
   change the line

    BASH_VERSION= . "$CONFIG_FILE" 2>"$ERR"

    . "$CONFIG_FILE" 2>"$ERR"

--