On Sun, Mar 20, 2022, 11:59 PM Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net>
wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 23:44:03 +0530, Amit wrote:
> >I have used both windows and linux gui systems a lot.
>
> So you should be able to describe what from your point of few are the
> pitfalls of a Linux desktop environment and the pros of Windows.

There is no menu in the default Ubuntu desktop GUI. Applications have to be
searched for. How will a person search for an application when he/she
doesn't know about what the application is actually called?

Consider this example - you go in a hotel and they don't give you a menu
but they just give you a handheld device which just has a search box on it
and then they ask you to search for the dish you want by typing in the
search box.

So, what would you prefer - A traditional menu or a handheld device with
search box on it?

Would you recommend this hotel to other people?

Will other people like the handheld device more than the traditional menu?

An applications menu having categories is a must for user friendliness just
like a traditional menu in a hotel. But the default Ubuntu desktop is
lacking that.

Amit