On Thursday, December 08 2022, Ben Bridges wrote:

> Hi Robie (and Marc),
>
> I've never reported a bug to Ubuntu before.  I ran ubuntu-bug against
> the crash report and told it to send the report.  It appears to have
> uploaded it to the Ubuntu error tracker
> (https://errors.ubuntu.com/user/1be5ee847bb6c14eae7458cbbda7ac91a5fd65d5d01f3f9d3dbc4480e44712035ed9c455e3cf04ec7eeadf72dd7f5414771cff9ba752940658ff902749b175e9),
> but I don't know how to verify that it sent what it was supposed to
> send.  Please let me know if there's anything else I need to do.

Hello Ben,

First of all, thanks for the interest in making Ubuntu better by
reporting bugs.

This is a known issue and I've been on top of it for a while now:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bind9/+bug/1258003
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bind9/+bug/1970252

Upstream is also aware of the issue, but unfortunately the fix is very
complicated and isn't totally done yet.  There are several sub-issues
affecting dig, host and other bind9 commands.  But things are
progressing.

The good news is that the Server team has plans to work on getting bind9
into the MIR list.  Ultimately, this means that minor version
updates/bugfixes should be much easier to do for us.

Please feel free to subscribe yourself to the bugs I linked above.
There hasn't been much movement lately, but we will soon get back to
them.

Cheers,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0  EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14