On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:45:35 -0500
Dustin Kirkland <kirkl...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Loïc Minier <loic.min...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 17, 2011, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> >> After upgrading your local system's kbd and console-setup packages,
> >> you should now have a crisp, new, clean color scheme in your tty.
> >> There should be no affect whatsoever in [X, Gnome, KDE, XFCE,
> >> gnome-terminal, konsole] or even SSH sessions to your server.
> >
> >  Like Bryce, I'm pleased that the stress on my eyes is likely to reduce
> >  with these changes!  And like Timo, I think grey vs white isn't
> >  obvious.
>
> Hi Loic,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.  I'll note that to Marcus and see if we can
> find a slightly better grey.
>
> >  I've been poking gnome-terminal colors often to try to improve this
> >  myself; is there a plan to provide similar colors by default in
> >  xterm/gnome-terminal/others?
>
> That I'm not sure of.  But I, too, really like the idea!  I CC'd
> Ivanka and Marcus on this response.  Perhaps they can tell us if they
> have plans, or would consider using this palette or designing another
> for xterm/gnome-terminal...  Ivanka?
>
> Thanks,

I think it is fantastic that colors are being corrected for Ubuntu.
Unfortunately, changes made to Ubuntu seem to affect Kubuntu and
Xubuntu also. How do we get the colors to our own pallette?

I would much prefer the good old DOS blue to Aubergine or Orange for
Xubuntu. I find it much closer to the colors used by Xubuntu and Xfce.

--
Charlie Kravetz