On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Anand Chitipothu <anandol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a user of Ubuntu and I try to promote it whereever I go. Recently
> I have been working with a school to covert their systems to Ubuntu
> and here are some problems that I faced.
>
> * Standard Ubuntu Distribution doesn't play mp3 files

Why does a school needs to play mp3 files?

> * Doesn't come with all Indian fonts (there are some by default but
> more needs to be installed)

What is wrong with using only one font per language?

> * Adding packages is painful when there is no/slow internet connection.

You are correct. Ubuntu is not one stop solution for all use cases. If
you want most of the packages to be available on CD then you should
use Debian.

If you want to use ubuntu in school then you should use edubuntu and
try to customize it.

Onkar