Hi Parthan,

My further queries below:

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Parthan SR <parth.technofr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ramnaraya...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Have been trying to connect a Linksys wrt54gl wifi router to a BSNL
>> Broadband modem.
>>
>> Everything seems to be setup but i cannot seem to connect through the
>> wifi setup
>>
> Here is a simple setup of mine which I have currently with Airtel. I
> used to have a PPPoE on router when I had BSNL and the modem was broken
> that I couldn't configure it.
> I prefer the modem to be configured to connect by itself.
>
> [Internet] ------> [Modem] (Configured with IP 192.168.1.0 and runs DHCP
> starting from 192.168.1.1-10)-----> [Linksys WRT54G] (gets IP from
> modem, runs DHCP from 192.168.0.100-110 and has internal IP 192.168.0.0)
> ----> ethernet and wireless

Are you saying i should set up my router to get its ip from the BSNL
Modem (instead of setting it at 10.10.10.1)

Will try that and get back - however i  cannot find a place where the
wifi router settings is set to get ip address from modem.

> I have turned on encryption for the wireless as well as the MAC filter.
> I haven't fiddled around with any other configuration on the router.

will turn on mac filter once the wifi gets going and i can collect the
mac address from the devices connecting - instead of doing it
manually.

thanks will try and let you know results

ram