------- Original message -------
From: Ramnarayan.K <ramnaraya...@gmail.com>
To: ubuntu-in@lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: 27.4.'09,  23:06

> what you mean is i should not specify a new /boot and let the new
> linux os install its boot stuff in the / itself and then this section
> would call the older grub (or the older installed linux ) as a
> chainloader.

Well not exactly, everything is correct except that the older grub would call
the '/' grub as a chainloader, you'd need to reconfigure the older grub to add
the entry. I'm still a Terminal phobic newbie so don't know how to add it, so i
used easybcd on my windows install to add grub as a chainloader in Vista
bootloader.