aanjhan, next time you come to delhi, or we meet, am offering you a
chocolate for your bang-on-target understanding of my query.

it's about time our community understood there are users beyond our
aquarium, who don't even know how to swim.
they like to keep things simple at home:

service centre for their cars; AMC for their airconditioners and
fridge and water-purifier;
a gardener for their plants; service-engineer for their home-computer;
service-number for their 'internet';
cablewallah for their tv; dentist for their teeth; hairdresser for
their hairstyles; electrician for blown bulbs and fuses;
plumber for those pipes; carpenter to fix grandma's rocking-chair;
pest-control guys to keep real bugs away from home;
dry-cleaner for the woollens; a special guy to wash and clean the car
every week or month; maid to clean the home;
accountant to help file taxes; home-stereo repair centre; inverter and
batteries supplier and support-staff; home-delivery for food services;
and lots more.

unless you're rambo, and love to do everything on your own,
and are skilled at everything and you have all the time in the world as well.

the rest of us ordinary folks need support and services, and hope
there are clients that need our products and services as well.

i do know that biggies offer linux and foss support, such as IBM,
RedHat, Canonical, and a few more. their clients are large
enterprises, government, and public-sector undertakings.

are there companies that are willing to offer paid-support and
AMC-contracts for home-users in delhi, of ubuntu and/or other
linux-distros?
am not looking for freelancers here today gone tomorrow, or students
wanting to make some date-money on a one-off support call,
but a company that has engineers and a service center to help a client
through on a sustainable basis.

regards
niyam

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Aanjhan R<aanj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Mir Nazim<mirna...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> AMC for home user?? Wake Up man.
>
> Why not? We have AMCs for Fridge, Air Conditioners and Water Purifiers
> at home. Similarly I have seen some computer hardware guys going for
> cleanup and general checking up of home systems on a once in 3 months
> or so basis. Not all computer users are nerds/geeks.

niyam bhushan