Hi

Thanks Arvind, Deepak , Yogesh

I have / had a range of Huawei, ZTE devices and most of them work
without scripting and wvdial. In fact a reliance device that earlier
needed wvdial and the use of modprobe was in later linux versions
recognized by the nm and consequently became plug and play.

So was (and still am) surprised when the device in question required
some work to get going.

Thanks
ram

--