|An option other than ||update-alternativesis setting Java paths in the config of the software using Java. E.g. I using PhpStorm which requires JDK and allows me to specify its location through variables (WEBIDE_JDK, JDK_HOME, JAVA_HOME) in the start-up script. By default, it will pick the system's Java.

Regards. |||

Rohit Bhute

On Tuesday 23 June 2015 08:13 PM, Junise Bin Abdul Nazar wrote:
See this link
http://tech.0x783czar.com/tech/?p=666

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 8:09 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnaraya...@gmail.com <mailto:ramnaraya...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi

    I have two software - one requires openjdk and the other java - so
    is it possible to install both, openjdk and java together (side by
    side) or will there be issues.

    At an earlier time i had to run some tax software which ran on
    java -, however while i installed java i did not uninstall open
    jdk and the software worked fine.

    Just asking for advice

    regards
    ram