Hi

Just to let you know about a printer

Purchased an HP laserjet M1005, this works quite well on Linux, does need
the installation of a proprietory hplip opensource driver but absolutely no
issues so far

Sane / Xsane also picks up the scanner and works well too.

We dumped the HP M1136 simply because it looked flimsy. While also did not
invest in Samsung because a lot of people felt that samsung did not have
the same extent of repair coverage of  HP and that parts were not just
harder to come by but a bit more expensive

So far am happy with the HP laserjet 1005 M, does not have an ADF but
nonetheless and good silent machine

thanks for inputs
ram