On 16.06.2010 16:10, ubu...@kitterman.com wrote:
> The part where someone is told because the package name starts with q,
> #ubuntu-motu is the wrong channel. The person doing the asking is in fact
> very active in #kubuntu-devel, but was reaching out to MOTU to try and
> broaden themselves when they got sent away.
>
> This may seem over sensitive to you,  but recently someone was turned down
> for MOTU because they work on KDE packages and this sort of pushing away
> people focused on one part of Universe only reinforces the problem.

I think we need to get better at not thinking in too small categories.
It's probably fine to say "If you can't find the experience that you're
looking for in here, you might want to talk to the people in #XYZ" -
it's what I'd do if it was about something specific as server packaging
or the GNOME desktop or whatever.

We can probably be more careful to avoid giving people the feeling
"they're wrong here".

Have a great day,
 Daniel