On Sun, Jun 04, 2023 at 07:22:03PM +0800, Александр Иванов wrote:
> Hi, looks like you fucked up some package installation for all Ubuntu-based
> distribution users.

> Yggdrasil project already has proper instructions on how to build binaries
> from source and has own maintained repository with instructions of
> installation at
> https://yggdrasil-network.github.io/installation-linux-deb.html

> But looks like someone ignored that and pushed non-tested package with
> version *0.4.7-1* instead of latest *0.4.7*, so it overrides official
> package and after update installation users will have a surprise in logs
> with errors such as "panic: open /etc/yggdrasil/yggdrasil.conf: no such file
> or directory" (config file supposed to be at /etc/yggdrasil.conf) and "Admin
> socket failed to listen: listen unix /var/run/yggdrasil.sock: bind:
> read-only file system" (how did you manage to do that?)

The vast majority of packages in universe are copied, unmodified and
unreviewed, from Debian, in the hopes that they will be useful to Ubuntu
users.

If there are severe functional issues with the yggdrasil package, they have
not been reported either to the Debian maintainer at
https://bugs.debian.org/src:yggdrasil, or in Ubuntu at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/yggdrasil using the 'ubuntu-bug'
command.

Nothing in the packaging of yggdrasil 0.4.7-1 changes the path of either the
config file or the Unix socket from the upstream defaults.

You are free to use upstream binary packages if they are more to your
liking.  Such packages are not endorsed by Ubuntu or supported by the Ubuntu
community.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org