On 18/06/15 09:02, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
On 18.06.2015 10:52, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
I've been reading the design blog entries about the grid system [1] [2]
and I'm trying to make sense of what is described.
I'm also quite confused, especially about this:

"...if the screen width can not divide by the desired number of Grid
Units (40, 50, or 90), the remainder becomes side margins."

What is a side margin? Are the designers recommending to waste extra
horizontal space as side margins, instead of making the UI fully scalable?

Ciao,
   Alberto

Ciao Alberto,
in the case of devices that cannot be divided by this desired number of grid units (bq 4.5, meizu mx4, nexus 4, nexus 7 for example have this problem, while the new bq 5" should be fine if I remember) we will try to add a black border that will be sensitive to touch, so edge gestures will be easier to trigger, while preserving a solid UI grid across devices. I tested on the Meizu and is really hard to notice... In case we notice some actual problems we will reconsider for that specific device.

Ciao!
Cimi