On 18/06/15 12:40, Oliver Grawert wrote:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/DeprecatedPorting#Screen_Pixel_Ratio

shows how exactly the grid units for a device are to be computed ...
the problem is that we don't really get the pixel density from any
system info here ...

ciao
        oli

yeah I read that when the concept was announced. It is awesome and wrong. It is awesome that the basic unit of size should be on what is perceived to be a similar size across devices. It is wrong that what we are basing it on is the perception of the Canonical design team and not the perception of the user.

" For each device you will have to visually verify the quality of the result and adjust the number if necessary. If unsure, send screenshots and screen specifications of the device to the Canonical design team."

The better way of doing it is to show the user a bunch of options and get them to touch the row that looks about right for them: