Hello list,

I'm trying to learn how to build ubuntu phone from source.  Ultimately, I
want to build for a Galaxy S4 but I'm starting with a Nexus 4.

I've successfully built AOSP from source and loaded it onto the device.
I've now moved to compiling Ubuntu Phone itself using instructions located

I've downloaded the source tree and compiled it and have the roms in the
out/  directory.

I'm able to fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and then can boot into
recovery mode from the phone.

Next I got rootstock and the vivid touch tar.gz file.

I run the rootstock command, at first it looks good

I get:

transferring rootfs tarball ... [done]
unpacking system-image on device ... [done]
unpacking rootfs tarball to system-image ...

The last message stays on the screen for a minute or so, eventually the
phone goes dark, and I get this message:

error: protocol fault (no status)

Any suggestions?

David Krovich
Post to     : ubuntu-phone@lists.launchpad.net