Hi,

Thank you so much!  That did the trick.  Once I had the partitions mounted
rootstock worked like a charm.  Phone rebooted and is running my very own
built from source version.

As for your question, can't help much right now.  However, my next step is
trying to make Ubuntu phone work on a Galaxy S4 so I'll be running into
similar problems soon.  If I get anywhere I'll let you know.

Thanks again for your help!  Good luck.

--
David Krovich