Yes, Xenials daily iso of yesterday also worked.

I even tried to get this upstream via as
stated on but there my message sits
waiting to get approved by the list moderator since 2 weeks...

May I bring this downstream bug reports to your attention:

Seems yaboot 'lost' the ability to boot into current (newly formatted)
ext4 partitions. Booting into ext2 partitions still works.

PowerPC Architecture Team, which is subscribed to yaboot in Ubuntu.

  unable to boot after 'entire disk' install (16.10, ppc)

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :