Hi Brian,

On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 at 11:26, Brian Murray <br...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Could you elaborate as to what "system repeatedly froze after booting"
> means?

OK. The system would boot from USB and then, when trying to install Ubuntu
22.04 2022-04-19, the system would stop responding - the mouse/trackpad
cursor would no longer move.

> Are you running the operating system off the USB flash drive in the "Try
> Ubuntu" mode?

No. I am using it in the "Install" mode.

> What exactly does freezing mean to you?

Stopping responding to mouse/trackpad - cursor no longer moves.

> Can you find anything in the journal regarding what is going on?

I can't get at it because the computer has crashed.

> It'd really be quite helpful if you were to report a bug in Launchpad
> using ubuntu-bug so we have details about your system at hand.

OK. Assuming that I boot Ubuntu 22.04 2022-04-19 from USB and choose the
"Try Ubuntu" mode, what command(s) do you want me to type in? Looking at
the man page for ubuntu-bug takes me to the apport-bug man page.

TIA,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software