On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 5:24 AM Benjamin Drung <bdr...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I tried with video QXL (the default that virt-manager uses for Ubuntu)
> which was affected. I tried again with video virtio and this one had no
> problems. Why don't we default to virtio for Ubuntu guests? I get the
> best user experience with it on recent Ubuntu guests.

virtio was disabled in osinfo-db for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS because the
original 22.04 LTS included a buggy gnome-remote-desktop that broke
being able to log in on desktop with the default Wayland session. To
re-enable it in osinfo-db, I want to teach the "express install"
feature to automatically install all apt updates before the install
finishes so that the original 22.04 LTS install media won't leave the
system broken. On the other hand, while GNOME Boxes uses "express
install", it looks like virt-manager doesn't so this may not be a safe
change.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1971195

Thank you,
Jeremy Bicha