Dimitri uploaded a dep8 fix for dovecot in bug 1757265.

I've always been reluctant to accept SRUs for things that are not user
impacting.

For consistency, please could we decide a policy on this?

To be clear, this isn't about SRU paperwork. Normally I'd happily accept
a bundled dep8 fix in an SRU with no specific bug for the dep8 fix
itself. I'm asking whether we should accept SRUs to fix this kind of
thing even though there's no actual user impact, instead of asking for
it to be bundled with the next SRU or security fix.

Separately, we currently don't have a good place to keep such pending
fixes. We should perhaps define one.

Some IRC discussion:

15:04 <rbasak> xnox: why is it worth making all dovecot users download
new binaries just to fix the dep8 test?

16:12 <xnox> rbasak, because it is a regression versus release pocket,
that a security upload introduced; which trips up all other pending-srus
which are reverse-deps of dovecot; there is no better way then SRUing
this, to insure that next upload (security or updates) will fix this
issue

16:12 <xnox> rbasak, it's not like there is a VCS for next-artful upload
of dovecot, which ever that might be.

16:36 <rbasak> xnox: VCS for next-artful upload> as an aside, I think we
should have that kind of thing
16:36 <rbasak> xnox: but I'm not happy impacting users for what is
fundamentally a developer issue that doesn't impact users.

16:41 <xnox> rbasak, e.g. even if we commit this to "-proposed" next
time there is a CVE -security will not take it, they take -updates only,
no?

16:42 <xnox> rbasak, i think the right thing to do, is to upload this
sru.

16:42 <xnox> on the grand scheme of things it is miniscual to the kernel
every three weeks.

16:43 <xnox> rbasak, and it's been less than two weeks

16:43 <xnox> rbasak, and it does show security team did not run
autopkgtest of dovecot itself, before uploading security upload.