Hi Ɓukasz,

Thanks for the response, here is the extra information you requested:

On Thu, 2023-03-02 at 09:46 +0100, Lukasz Zemczak wrote:
> Hello Lena!
>
> Thank you for filling in the SRU MRE. I think your proposition makes
> sense, in general I do not object to having an MRE for this project.
> do have some minor things I'd like us to touch first before
> proceeding:
> 1) Does upstream have a schedule for point-releases for stable
> versions? What is the average frequency of new minor releases
> happening, say, for 9.18.x?

Point releases for development and stable versions happen around once a
month toward the beginning of each month. There is no set date for each
one though. In the upstream support policy they mention this as typical
behavior. I added this to the wiki page for clarity.

> 2) This I wasn't quite 100% sure looking at the build logs - the
> tests
> in the source test/ directory: are those being run during package
> build or only via github CI?

Tests are not currently run during package buildtime. In the
debian/rules directory dh_auto_test is overridden to be blocked. This
was done in Debian in 2019 since kyua was not available to them -
https://salsa.debian.org/dns-team/bind9/-/commit/766815911e02efd4f872d00b82f247b88388676b

Using dh_auto_test in the way shown prior to this commit does allow the
tests to work at buildtime. So this could be added in an upcoming
release if we want some additional confidence in the MRE updates.

> 3) As it is not entirely clear from the MRE, I'd like us to maybe
> explicitly state in the wiki page which kind of updates we would
> allow
> by this MRE: minor releases to already present releases. What I mean
> making it explicit that the idea of the MRE is that if a given Ubuntu
> series has version X.Y.Z, we will be updating to X,Y.Z+1 (and not,
> for
> instance, to X.Y+2.Z, as I think that's a different story).
Added this more explicitly in the Process section.