Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04
and Red5 as streaming server. I have multiple video streaming servers
running on some machines
internally on LAN.
For different subdomains.
i.e.
site1.mydomain.com
site2.mydomain.com
site3.mydomain.com
site4.mydomain.com

The front end to the world is apache2 on a Bastion Host.
I do not have a DNS running over there.

To be able to reach the streaming server I
embed a javascript in HTML pages
as follows
Code:

<embed .....
var="rtmp://site1.my_domain.com"

the problem is the website are many

site1.mydomain.com
site2.mydomain.com
site3.mydomain.com
site4.mydomain.com

each on a separate physical server.

Each of these four have their own streaming servers the front end to
each of these four is a common Bastion Host.

If I run rtmp on each of the subdomains at a different port

how will I make sure
a request such as

rtmp://site1.mydomain.com
rtmp://site2.mydomain.com

goes to their respective servers.
from the front end server.

What do I need to handle in this case ?

IPTABLES came to mind instantly but from the client browser on
internet when some one requests
rtmp://site1.mydomain.com

how will I make sure this rtmp request is mapped to a port different
than
1935 as there are three other streaming servers which are also to
respond to their respective requests
?

For handling HTTP requests in this case I use Apache Reverse Proxy
but for rtmp requests I am not clear as which direction to proceed.

--
Tapas