On Sun, October 21, 2012 7:42 am, Ho Wan Chan wrote:
> I certainly agree we can improve the Ubuntu Studio artwork since it really
> doesn't look the best as it can.
>
> Anyway some guy in
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1124138&page=2post #50 fired
> off an comment on marketing. I replied to him that we don't
> have any HR for that, but maybe his idea is good too.
>
> Any suggestions?

Most of that thread is from 2009 and as such things have changed. The idea
of loading ubuntu and adding studio to it still happens but not near as
much. Unity tends to be a bit cumbersome for audio work. Pulse works much
better than it did and suffers more from it's prior reputation than any
real problems. It serves it's purpose well.

As for marketing... this is a person who feels ubuntu should spend as much
or more on marketing as they do on everything else. So if two people are
working on code then 4 should be doing PR.... He points out that this is
how all the big (dishonest IMO) companies got to be there. He did not say
that is why those companies offer little in the way of choice. This to my
mind, is the kind of person who would sell milk to a dairy farmer. I think
we have something much better already.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net