On Mon, 7 Sep 2015, Mike Holstein wrote:

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 6:09 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net>
wrote:
      Off-topic, but a topic of uproar and hypocrisy.

The off topic stuff mostly deleted, though interesting.

      However, is there some PDF software to issue a PDF application?

All Linux software that can print, can also print to a pdf. This is a part of CUPS rather than the application itself. Some applications can also export to PDF directly.

However, I am wondering if you are talking about PDFs with forms? My wife has had a few of those and as she uses Kubuntu, She used Ocular (I think) to fill them out before printing them or emailing them.

      add a photo to the personal data sheet etc., without the need to

I don't recall any of those forms needing a photo, but if you are attaching it to your CV made in a word processor, the print to pdf should render the photo just fine. I have used the print to pdf feature for web pages I have some interest in that may dissapear (I learned that web sites do vanish in time). They have included various graphics that show in the pdf also. I do not knknow if evince will allow editing of a pdf form as well becasue I don't remember trying. pdf forms have been around a while though.

      user manuals for hours? PDFs are requirements for applications

As I said, just select print, then when selecting the printer select, select print to file.

Mobile phone means "I am willing to be bugged no matter what I am doing." That is the kind of worker they are looking for.

you can export pdf from most applications. the issue is, when one wants to
edit, easily, that pdf, when, we are not promised that with the pdf format,

There are pdf forms (see above) that Canadian gov sites and others make downloadable. They can still be printed and hand filled, but also computer filled and resaved and emailed or printed.

And Also above, Any Linux App that can print can also save to pdf.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net