On Mon, Jul 25, 2016, at 02:36 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 13:57:32 +0200, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> >i can't find docs on how to remove or add apps to a package, for
> >example add drumgizmo to ubuntustudio-audio...
>
> Just edit the "control" file. With an editor add a package to or remove
> it from the "Depends" or "Recommends" list. The "control" file is in
> the "debian" folder.
>
> Assumed the package should contain the binary, then you need to add
> everything, "Depends", "Recommends", "Description" etc. to the
> "control" file, also you need to add the "Build-Depends". After that
> edit the "rules" file.
>
> Editing the "rules" could be as easy as ./configure but also very
> tricky.
>
> I guess you already know this and you've got problems with the tricky
> kind of "rules".
>
> The problem is that already Debian, but even more Ubuntu follows an
> opposite of the KISS principle. In addition to make it idiotic
> complicated, they also don't provide good documentations. There are
> good reasons that I'm an Arch Linux user, the KISS principle + good
> documentations in English + good documentation in my native language
> and _everybody_ _easily_ could edit Arch Wikis.
>
> You would be surprised how complicated building a snap is, compared to
> a deb. However, consider to become familiar with both, building debs
> and snaps.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Please don't advice on our packagin Ralf, unless you actually know how
it works :).

Each package has its own logic, and when it comes to metas, it is not as
simple as editing the meta package itself.

If you would like to help out with this in the future, you are free to
do so. Just let us know in that case.