On Wed, 2018-05-16 at 18:13 -0500, argumento wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've been using ubuntu studio as my main work OS since 2014 or
> something. I noticed the debate between Gnome and KDE (and Budgie)
> as
> may desktop environment for the new version. I have nothing to add
> that, but I'd like to suggest Equilux as a main or optional GTK
> theme
> (in case ubuntu studio sticks to GTK). Equilux is a material design
> based neutral gray theme, it might sound unimportant, but for ppl
> that
> do photo or video color correction, having a neutral gray theme is a
> great help. (idc about 'material design' guidelines, but they work).
>
> https://github.com/ddnexus/equilux-theme
>
> Also, I hate how ubuntu studio comes with a bunch of low quality
> free
> fonts, it makes it awkward to browse your font catalog. Maybe having
> less, but better fonts could help Ubuntu Studio be a better tool
> (anyway, anyone can get as many fonts as they want from dafont or
> -better- sites like Squirrel Font or Open Font, so less fonts might
> be a
> good way to go).
>
>   I'd like to share with you a well curated, free font collection,
> that
> could be used as a guideline: http://usemodify.com/
>
> That's all I have to say. Thanks for a great design and multimedia
> OS.

Hi argumento!

This is good input. We'll definitely take this and other suggestions
into consideration.

That said, we're a very, very small bunch and can't make a ton of
changes right now, unless we get the manpower. Bear in mind that we can
only work with what is already in the Ubuntu repositories, unless we
can get some more people working on packaging.

With that, I'd like to invite you to join us! We definitely need more
people helping to make Ubuntu Studio an even better design and
multimedia OS. With your interests, if those items you mentioned can be
packaged, we'd definitely invite you to do that as it would help to
make ideas such as yours to become realities.

Thanks,
Erich