I also disagree with this decision. In my country, there is A LOT of
hardware (minilaptops, old computers) with just 1 GB of RAM; those
computers have 64-bit CPUs, but we recommend installing 32-bit distros on
them, because the performance of a 64-bit distribution in 1 GB of RAM is
disappointing; it's too slow because applications compiled for 64-bit eat
more memory. Most people just can't pay the RAM upgrade to 2 GB or 4 GB
(that upgrade costs one month of sallary in many countries).

GNU/Linux is the natural option in developing countries. The government of
my country gave 2,6 millions of minilaptops to children in the last 8
years, all with 1 GB of RAM and a Debian-based 32-bit Linux distro.

I apologize for the rudeness of what I'm going to say, but stop creating
32-bit distributions is a decision that seems taken by people living in New
York, having computers with 16 GB of RAM and 1 TB SSDs, and believing that
the rest of the world lives like them.

Regards.