On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 11:33:53 -0400, Luigino Bracci wrote:
>I apologize for the rudeness of what I'm going to say, but stop
>creating 32-bit distributions is a decision that seems taken by people
>living in New York, having computers with 16 GB of RAM and 1 TB SSDs,
>and believing that the rest of the world lives like them.

Hi,

to put it in a nutshell, EOL of 18.04 LTS is April 2028, you shouldn't
expect that a lot of i386 or even other 32-bit architecture could be
artificially maintained much longer. To some extend you could take the
soldering station and make one computer out of two computers. However,
at some point there aren't enough IDE drives available anymore. There
likely will be a lot of climate agreements in the future, so also
consider that power consumption of old machines will become an issue,
especially for developing countries. Today we already have a lot of
less power consuming, but already aged 64-bit machines, that are not
much used by those rich New Yorkers anymore, but ready to become a
donation.

Regards,
Ralf