Shinta,

We are all doing volunteer work here, delays do happen. I would say this
layout overall looks great both in desktop and mobile, it is nice to see
the original mockup in action. :) Thank you so much for your continued
hard work in this.

In terms of content of the blurbs I agree that the open source should be
last. I assume it was based on what we currently had on on live state
and old stage including open source comment being on the introduction
and some reasonable mockup where it didn't exist. Either way I assume
that content is modifiable and now that we have a layout, this will be a
good time to start reviewing the static content of the site for anything
that needs hasn't been updated in a long time. I'll take the lead on
that unless somebody would like to volunteer.

So related to that, if you haven't done so already, could you give me,
Len and/or Erich the password to the stage wordpress or create user
accounts for us so that we can see how the internal/updating side of the
theme works? (so that if there is something we need to be able to edit
easily that is not accessible -titles, contents, thumbnails of the
categories, footer text etc- we can let you know. - ) Also how does the
column system behave with different numbers of input other than 6. (I
think it is ok if it simply leaves the place blank but it would be good
to have the flexibility to have blurbs that are not multiples of 3
necessarily ;) )

Also we will need the CC/GPL licenses for the original artwork and
layout, and resource information on anything else that was used. I
assume we will also request work files of the artworks to be put so that
we can resize-reuse them as they are needed. So I assume the next stage
for that will be to give you access so that we can get the layout (and
the licenses) in the ubuntu studio website and art repos, and then the
layout can move to the main canonical servers from there when it is
finalized.

In terms of the main layout, I am going to perhaps suggest moving the
download box just under the title text, or moving both of them to right,
so that the download box is visible the moment the site is loaded. Right
now it is hidden until scrolled. Many will come to the site also
directly looking for the download link, so I would argue that it is
important to make that visible the moment right away. (this is less of a
concern on mobile device view, but it is on desktop view)

I am wondering if the download link section of the footer is
overwhelming the content on short pages, so it might be worth reducing
the height of that section and the text/icon to 50-70% of its current
sizes. Another thing about the download link is that making that the
background blue is miles brighter than any other background in the
website and as such a bit distracted. Shifting the blue gradient to be a
bit darker (without increasing the contrast of the background image) can
help both with legibility and again not overwhelming the content. That
being said I love the idea of putting a section like that there under
every page.

In terms of Mark's comments on time I assume we will put this up when we
can, especially as uploading of the layout is not something we can
sensitively time, but I assume the "deadline" for the new website is to
get it up in time for the next release (preferably some time before it
so that the contents updated any bugs found by the time release happens)
if at all possible. At the rate this is going I don't see a reason why
it cannot happen. :)

In terms of performance I cannot comment on desktop side as my computer
is a bit too strong so I didn't see the performance issues mentioned,
but on mobile it looked pretty lightweight overall and didn't run into
any major problems and was generally lighter than most websites I
encounter on phone. (I use firefox on android on a relatively new device).

I have a bit of a hectic next could of days but I'll try to test this
site in more detail both for accesibility and using some older computers
and give feedback as will I assume other people here in the ML will
continue to do so as well. Again, thanks for your hard work on this
layout, it looks great! :)

Best

Eylul