On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 10:36 +0100, Fernando Gomes wrote:
> ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS - NVIDIA nForce 630a + Geforce 7025 GPU
>
> Asus M4A785D-M Pro - AMD 785G chipset
>
> ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO - AMD 785G chipset

Mobo ASUS M2A-VM HDMI with a CPU model 15.107.2 "AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual
Core Processor BE-2350" and instead of the integrated ATI Radeon
X1250-based graphics using a NVIDIA 7200 GS. Northbridge: AMD 690G,
Southbridge: ATI SB600

Regarding to multimedia, audio and video I get best results when running
tests. I'm not fine with those results, e.g. MIDI jitter around 1 ms,
but compared to other mobos this mobo works like a charm.

Unfortunately not with Ubuntu Studio until now, but e.g. with 64 Studio
3.0 based on Ubuntu Hardy out of the box.

So, no experiences with those mobos you mentioned, but if you wish to
use Ubuntu Studio out of the box, avoid my mobo, OTOH this mobo is
hardcore audio proved, of course not with the onboard audio, but two PCI
cards.

Note that it's always a combination of hardware, BIOS updates, kernel-rt
updates etc., you can't trust 'ASUS xyz with chipset abc' is good or
bad.

Once you've got a stable system that fits to your needs, keep it and
e.g. do upgrades for a copy of this Linux. I'm using GRUB for multiboot
a lot.