On 08.07.2016 21:04, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> You could simply auto-launch jackd by running
>   $(cat $HOME/.jackdrc)
> when starting a user session.

Hi Ralf, thanks for your quick reply! I just got around to trying this.
According to the console output, I was able to get the Jack server
running by entering the above command. However, it did not add any
Jack-sink modules to the sound control, making me unable to route any
program sound output to my interface. QjackCtl usually adds these when
starting the server manually.

I think I might have phrased the question incorrectly, allow me to take
a step back and put it into simpler terms: Is there a way to trigger the
QjackCtl start-button function in the background without actually
opening QjackCtl on user logon?

I'm unaware of all the implications of starting the Jack server from
QjackCtl, so maybe I've missed something or labelled it incorrectly, but
the goal would just be to skip the step of opening and manually starting
the program at each logon.

Kind regards,
Thomas