Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your interest in helping out.

On 02/23/2018 03:10 AM, Thomas Pfundt wrote:
> On February 22, 2018 5:38 PM, Ross Gammon <ro...@ubuntustudio.org
> <mailto:ro...@ubuntustudio.org>> wrote:
>>> Who is around to help testing for the first 3?
>
> I will make sure to test all of the releases. However, I'm not sure yet
> how extensive I'll be able to test them. For the 16.04.4 release, I will
> can do a full install and test it thoroughly. With the 18.04 releases,
> I'll maybe have to test some installations on an external drive. I'll be
> able use another machine though at one point to verify any errors that I
> come accross.
>
> I would also be in favour of releasing 18.04, even if it's just for
> software updates. The fact that there's a low-latency kernel
> preinstalled and some configurations regarding the audio group is
> already very helpful for people who are not able to set everything up
> manually.

Yes, a fresh release is always best to gather new users and fans of
Ubuntu Studio.

However, without a release it is still always possible to upgrade.
Although if nobody has tested it, there might be bugs. This is what I
always do. There are instructions in the wikis.

> Unfortunately, I can't offer to manage the project, because of the time
> constraints that we all have and also because I don't feel competent
> enough, still being relatively new to Ubuntu/Linux in general. However,
> I've worked on a project for about 1,5 years, taking some advertisement
> and social media duties, so if I can take off some workload there, I'm
> more than happy to help. Don't hesitate to send me some details on what
> is needed.

No problems. Any help is welcome. Take a look at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio and look around for interesting
tasks and teams to join. Start slow and chip in here and there. Who
knows, in a few years you might be a Team Lead :-)

Cheers,

Ross