On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Ask Hjorth Larsen <asklar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Simos Xenitellis
> <simos.li...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Daniel Nylander <p...@danielnylander.se>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Translators,
>>>
>>> I wonder what the following string in software-center should be
>>> interpreted as. How is it used? A button? Page title?
>>> If anyone got a screenshot, that would help a lot!
>>>

>>> "Review Infringment"
>>>
>>> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/software-center/+pots/software-center/sv/+translate?show=untranslated
>>>

>> The same page mentions "Located in ../utils/submit_review.py:1007", so
>> you find the source file
>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/natty/software-center/natty/view/head:/utils/submit_review.py
>>
>> Looking in the source file you notice the message
>> ""By submitting this review, you agree not to include anything
>> defamatory, __infringing__, or illegal. Canonical may, at its
>> discretion, publish your name and review in Ubuntu Software Center and
>> elsewhere, ..."
>>
>> Therefore, "Review Infringement" means that there has been an
>> infringement of a review that was sent through the Software centre,
>> and the message is used as a title for the details of the person that
>> reported the infringement by the posting of a restricted review.
>> "Review" is not used as a verb here.
>>
>> Simos
>>
>> --
>>

> So let's get this crystal clear.
>
> A suitable rewording of "Review Infringement" is "Review infringes on
> copyright", which seems unambiguous to me.
>
> True or false?

That message would be clear enough.

Note that the message appears in a drop-down menu:

        for term in [ _(u"Please make a selection\u2026"),
                      _("Offensive language"),
                      _("Infringes copyright"),
                      _("Contains inaccuracies"),
                      _("Other") ]:

so it would make sense to change to whole lot to something like

        for term in [ _(u"Please make a selection\u2026"),
                      _("Review contains offensive language"),
                      _("Review infringes on copyright"),
                      _("Review has inaccuracies"),
                      _("Other reason") ]:

Simos