> I also had similar problems. Disabled IPv6 in Firefox. It's very bad
> that this bug is present so close to release. I hope that this is
> sorted before Thursday.
>
> Personally I have found Karmic to be pretty much unusable on both
> machines I tested it on. :-(
On the other hand, I've installed Karmic on one laptop, a Dell Latitude
D351, a couple of years old I think.
It installed without any issues, found the wireless card, had a little
moan about lack of open source drivers and installed a closed source one.
Everything works, 64bit too. The only thing I had to do manually was
download 64bit Flash and unzip it to the right directory.
Superb.

My only gripe, is that the top toolbar icons look a bit, err, dated...