Hi sorry its taken me so long to get back to you, I did what you said

sudo update-grub

and it didnt change anything on the grub, but also, Ubuntu stopped
sticking as soon as you clicked from the grub. Its still doing it, I
have to close the pc down using the on/off button, then when you turn it
back on again, it goes straight to loading ubuntu. That isnt good at all.

Anybody know how I can get around this?

John.

--
Ubuntu User #30817