On 05/05/10 14:24, NTLWorld wrote:
> I've been following the thread.  Someone suggested that you get rid of
> most of the redundant kernels then update grub.  Did that help?
>
> If the problem began with Wine, try Un-installing Wine using purge, then
> re-installing the latest.  I am not aware of reported problems with Wine
> updates to the present.  Maybe you got a corrupt download of the last
> update?
>
> I suggest that the problem is caused on your side   .....  sorry to be
> vague  ....  corrupt downloads do happen, and they can cause problems.
> You say you gave 'all the information you could'.  Detailed error
> message, boot messages with 'splash' and 'quiet' turned off are probably
> the kind of thing referred to ....  no one else seems to be experiencing
> the same problem, so the only detailed info has to come from you.
> Sorry ...             Barry.

Hi Barry,

I havent tried that bit yet, I was trying to see if I could get
something to work first. I did go back and have a look at what was said,
but there was no explanation on how to delete the unneded kernels from
the grub, so, wouldnt know how to do that.

As soon as the installation finished, I did just that, uninstalled wine,
then reinstalled it using the terminal and it works a treat. For what I
need of it anyway.

I do understand its probably something my end, but it should be
something that should be fixable. I just dont have enough experience
with Ubuntu to even know where to start.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. :)

John.

--
Ubuntu User #30817